Upcoming Master Classes
- April 28 & 29, 2016
- June 23 & 24, 2016
- October 27 & 28, 2016
- December 22 & 23, 2016
- February 23 & 24, 2017
- April 27 & 28, 2017
- June 29 & 30, 2017
- August 25 & 26, 2016
- Two day session
- For CEO's, executives and managers.
- Language: Dutch spoken
- All sessions: Incl. lunch & Learning materials
ONE EOI MINDSET MAP, 5 EOI MINDSET MAP CHAPTERS
In order to bring structure to the Master Class it is based on the five chapters of the Engine of Innovation Mindset. Each of these discusses a different aspect of Innovation Management and gives new insights and tools to change your organisation.
CHAPTER 1: ORGANIZATIONS IN SEARCH OF A NEW BALANCE
In this opening chapter, you will be confronted with the real challenges of today and realize urgency needed for a new approach to innovation management. This chapter introduces important vocabulary such as 2D & 3D and “Red Monkey Innovation Management”, that will serve as a point of reference for the remainder of the Master Class.
An significant part of this chapter will be introduced in advance of the seminar. It's important that you already familiarize yourself with a number of important paradigm shift:
- Understand the major differences between a world built on information shortage and one being built on information luxury.
- Understand the real meaning of competence development and the negative impact of classic power structures.
- Understand the increasing number of conflicts and the need for conflict based innovation as a new compass for agile organisations.
- Understand the need for competent executives with the needed power to initiate Business Innovation powered by Culture Innovation.
Chapter 2: 3D-Business Units are Jungles
If organizations want to implement "Red Monkey Innovation Management" as a powerful driver for agile innovation they have to reinvent business unit management. They have the reinvent the way they structure and develop their portfolio with products and services. This part introduces the Engine of Innovation Portfolio Matrix as a compass and development tool for 3D-Innovation Management.
- What are 3D-Business Units and how should they be organized in 3D-Organizations? How can you built Business Units for innovation?
- What are the needed competences of executives to manage 3D-Business Units and 3D- Organizations?
- Missioning, Inspiration, Incubation and Operation are the driving powers behind the Engine of Innovation Portfolio Matrix. This session will focus on the necessary actions to develop this matrix as part of culture innovation.
Chapter 3: 3D-Smarts are Bright
The only way to create sustainable and innovating organizations today is by understanding the way people really learn and why they want to become entrepreneurs. If executives fail to understand this and fail to create a new management style, that is able to develop and guide these employees of the future, culture innovation will fail. This part will introduce metaphors to better understand learning and to create a personal development process.
You will be introduced to the real world of learning, the brain. One of the greatest short comings in organizations, and even in education, is the total lack in knowledge of brain based learning.
This chapter will also introduce the concepts AAA-Learning and Jeff's Law.
- The first helps you really understand what happens when people are learning and why people resist to change. Every executive who wants to create innovation organizations should have this mindset in his toolkit.
- Jeff’s Law is a compelling tool for the personal development of High Potentials. It connects four personal competences to become very valuable: Self-Leadership, Self- Casting, Self-Informing and Self-Empowerment.
Chapter 4: 3D-Managers are Heroes
Managers are passionate and talented people in getting things done with a team of experts. Realizing this in a fast moving environment will present some challenges such as: “How to scout, develop and deploy a new 3D-Management generation in their business units and organization?”
This part will introduce the competences of 3D-Managers and the needed reinvention of Human Resources Management in order to support these managers with the right HRM Services. This will create the so needed agility to innovate fast and faster.
Based on how 3D-Smarts perform best this part will introduce the 4 roles of 3D-Managers: Leader, Cast-Coach, Info-Coach and Investors. Participants will gain valuable insight in these competences and how to scout and develop this new management generation.
The Engine of Innovation Agility Matrix will be introduced as a developing tool to synchronize the development of 3D-Human Resources Management to the needs of 3D- Managers and 3D-Smarts.
Chapter 5: 3D-Organizations are Cubes
Previous chapters of the EOI Mindset Map give guidance (insight and toolbox) in the development of very innovate 3D-Business Units, very competent 3D-Smarts and very professional 3D-Managers. But one of the biggest challenges remains unanswered. How to transform organizations from 2D to 3D. What could be a holistic transformation strategy? Where do you start and where does it end?
Based on Jef’s experience (failures and successes) in large scale transformation processes he developed a transformation strategy based on how the brain learns (AAA-Learning) and the principles behind Red Monkey Innovation Management. And he gave it the name … “Engine of Innovation Steps (EOI Steps)”.
Changing organizational cultures is difficult, even impossible if you do it the wrong way. The wrong way would be a top down process enforcing culture change to every business unit manager, manager and employee in the whole organization. Culture innovation of this confrontational magnitude has to be done organically but with determination. You have to develop an EOI Deployment Strategy for the organization and introduce a strategy to identify the right business units and business unit managers for culture innovation.
We end the seminar with four-step organic transformation strategy for your organisation:
- Awake the participants in the Engine of Innovation Deployment Strategy.
- Make sure the participants Learn the EOI Mindset Language.
- Inspire the participants with Engine of Innovation Inspiration Ideas in the 8 developing fields.
- Tune the Engine of Innovation of the organization with Engine of Innovation Tuning Projects.
Connect with Jef
Quote by Jef
"A competence is a talent that made it."